Everyone is freaking out about the Corona Virus, and while only 2% are passing away from it, we need to boost our immune system, and we should be doing this with a corona or without. (Learn more about the corona Visrus here, and how to prevent it here) both links from the World Health Organization. and I encourage you read them
we all know the main foods that boost the Immune System, from Citrus fruits and Kiwi, to Garlic, ginger, Spinach, broccoli, Turmeric, and Sunflower seeds.
While there is tons of ways to boost your immune system, here is a list of what I found easy to do at home.
Recipe’s for the family:
Immune Booster Soup:
This is my Recipe and HERE is 7 other Immune Boosting Soups Recipes including Vegetarian Soups.
Immune Booster Fruit Salad:
This is the best Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea Recipe, I have tried it with less Ginger and sweetened it a little bit more.
Green Smoothies in the morning:
I always prefer to eat the fruits, but if I go for Smoothies I would make them green smoothies as I will not be adding kale or spinach into my fruit salad. Here is the best Immune booster Smoothie I have seen so far with Ginger Turmeric and Nuts.
and below is my what I make at home sometimes.
- Add Garlic to foods just before serving, because heat deactivates a key active ingredient
- Go to bed in time and get 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night, 9 to 10 hours for teens, and 11 to 12 hours for preschoolers. Naps and weekends cannot make it up, your body need to be ready in the morning to fight.
- There are 2 types of Turmeric Sticks, the thin ones are for cooking, and the more round ones are for tea. (they sell separated)
- Vitamin C: vitamins and supplements can help fill in the gaps in your diet
- There is Turmeric Supplement that you can take after consulting your Doctor.
Babies and Toddlers:
12 Months and above
- Add Turmeric with milk
- Ginger and honey with warm water
- Lemon and honey with warm water
- Smash a clove of Garlic with honey and let them have it before going to sleep
7 Months and above
Make sure to always consult your pediatrician before giving your child or baby new food like ginger and Turmeric.